Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Production Notes: Why CASHLESS?

Hi everyone! Finally some time to get down to blogging. Hope everyone has had some time to rest and recharge.

After 13 days of shoot spread over a month, I guess I'm not the only one to feel a little lost after we finally wrapped shoot last Wednesday. Haha well, but at least I'm regaining some semblance of a regular sleeping pattern.

Today I thought I'd share a little here about the vision behind the title CASHLESS. We've been working on this for quite a while and we've had so many changes of crew and cast who may have joined us for a day or two here and there so my apologies if some of you are (still!) not very sure what the whole story is about, save for the parts that you were involved in (heh to get the whole picture I suppose you'll have to come for the first screening, of which all cast and crew are warmly invited to!)

So to keep it short (Yes, I've been known to write long essays for sms-es). Some of you may wonder: why CASHLESS? One definition of being cash-strapped or cash-less is sth I'm sure most of you got. But there is a second definition which was referenced more explicitly in the script's original version. That of us being in a modern CASHLESS society and the repercussions of that.

So you may see the film as Leslie's emotional journey towards a better understanding of himself, or you may choose to see it as a story about a mother trying to reach out to her son. Or maybe even about any of the other colourful charcters. The film can mean so many different things to different people.

But to me personally, the overarching spine in CASHLESS is perhaps ultimately the characters' search for genuine connections and communication in an increasingly technologically-driven world.

Ok more later. =)



Melinda

No comments: